Chandler Christian Church’s Student Ministry is tailored to connect students with Christ and others, change them to be more like Christ, and care for one another and share Christ’s love with others. You will find Student Ministry to be a fun, encouraging, and challenging place for students.
Student Ministry Goal
Our goal is to see all of our students live out 1 Timothy 4:12, “Let no one despise your youth, but be an example to the believers in word, conduct, love, spirit, faith and purity.”
Spiritual Development Road Map
By the time our students graduate they should have learned the following:
Experience Your Faith
- Knowing Jesus – understanding the basics of my belief
- Have an understanding of worship – More than just singing
- Learn how to have a daily quiet time (Reading and prayer)
- Develop a prayer LIFE
- Knowing how to grow deeper in my relationship with Christ
Learning to “Experience your Faith” will be offered in a variety of ways. From classes that will be offered periodically on Sunday afternoons to participating in CRAVE groups offered throughout the week and attending Sanctuary on Sunday mornings.
Live Your Faith
- Learn how to live out our life in Christ and use our faith in the daily things that life brings.
- From making daily decisions to knowing how to deal with circumstances that arise at home, school, and work and in your relationships.
How to “Live your Faith” will be taught through classes offered on Sunday afternoon/nights, through our studies in CRAVE groups as well as the relationships we build with the students.
Share Your faith
Once we understand how to experience and live out our faith we then take God’s message and share with others.
This is where we care for others. To “Share your Faith” it has to be demonstrated. We will offer students the opportunity to do just that through:
- Outreach – One of the ways this will happen is through different events set up purposefully for students to invite their friends to on and off campus. Not only will we also teach this through our classes on Sunday nights but we will create opportunities for students to live this out in the community and in one on one situations.
- Missions – Through local mission opportunities students will get to put into practice the things they have learned in the classroom. These opportunities range from working with the homeless to providing muscle to organizations that need help cleaning their facilities to picking fruit to help stock the local food banks. We will also have opportunities to minister in other countries on mission trips which would be a great time for families to get involved!
Moving students through this process will help them to connect to the body, change where they are spiritually and then in turn allow them to care for others.